Saturday, June 30, 2007

Akk WTF

So I was driving on the highway tonight and suddenly my car starts to rumble and begins to lose control. It was the same feeling as though I got a flat tire but more noisy. Something was grinding on the pavement. I thought maybe the tire completely blew off and I was riding on the rim. I brake and slow to a halt right in front of the entrance to the street I live on. I get out and look and there is no tire on my driver's side rear wheel. What the hell?? I look over and it is sitting on the other side of the road. I walk over to get it and run back before a couple of cars run me over. I think to myself that the lug nuts must have all stripped off and are long gone but then I open the cover to the lug nuts on the rim of the tire and they are all still there. Meanwhile, some lady is trying to make a left hand turn onto the road I am currently blocking and is yelling at me through her window. I couldnt hear any of it because the window was up but apparently she thought that I just had a flat and decided to pull over in front of the entrance to the road... She ended up driving around my car and parked it not too far away. She got out and said to me "Are you retarded?" and then says "Do you need help?" Who says that? I jack the car up and try to put the tire back on the bolts but the jack wasnt up high enough even though it was as high as it goes. Luckily one of my neighbors came out and assisted me getting the wheel back on again. Hopefully my hub isnt messed up too bad from grinding against the pavement... I am crossing my fingers. One more thing to mention. My coworker, Darrell, just bought a 2000 Nissan Altima for $1500. WTF. I paid $2200 for my '98 Volvo. How does that work out? I dont think I would be running into this problem if I had gotten that Altima instead...

1 comment:

marianneinbloom said...

aw i'm sorry. i hate having car issues. hope all is ok. i don't want bad karma from encouraging you to buy the volvo! where did your friend find that deal? seems unheard of..