Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Getting Settled

A few things have happened in the past week. Justin and I are looking at places to live together. We found one house close to Koloa that is really nice and cheap. Hopefully that will work out. I bought a '94 Volvo 940. It is nice and has no rust. There are minor problems with it but that is somewhat expected for a $2k car. I registered the car with the MVA today. I had to pay a costly $3 to change the title over in my name. I laughed when I heard the old lady tell me the price. Since it is so easy to trade titles, I may have to do it more often :)
Volvo 940
Today, I did errands on my day off. I went shopping at Home Depot, Walmart, Costco, etc. and played with my car a little bit. I also tended to my newly sprouted garden. I placed many of the seedlings into pots. The zucchini and squash are doing terrific. Since I planted the seeds about two weeks ago, some of them are over four inches tall if not more than that. I cannot wait to begin harvesting my veggies!! I just got back from visiting the Marriott Waiohai. I walked on the moonlit beach and then laid in a hammock for a while. It was so relaxing and beautiful. I was surrounded by flowing water and there was a palm tree above me. The stars and moon were in the sky with clouds on the horizon. It made me so happy to be out here and gave me affirmation that I had made a good decision to move here.

No comments: