Saturday, June 30, 2007

Latest Happenings

I went on the "bomb boat" where a group of engineers had to measure the distance simulated nuclear warheads drifted on the bottom of the ocean. It was neat to work with them on such an interesting experiment. Later that day, I went on a hike with Justin to the top of a little mountain near Kapaa. The view was awesome. The best part about the hike was that it only took around 30 minutes to get to the top. It was a tough hike since it was all up hill but short. So there happens to be a shortage of 5" green pots on the island. No one has them. Home depot is out. Walmart is out. The Lihue nursery doesnt carry them. My little plants need to be transported from their starter tray and I cant get the pots to put them in!!! I sprouted soy beans in a jar in my bedroom. Most of them took off and were about 3" long, all root and a tiny little leaf on the bean. I planted them in one of the extra pots that I had and they went "mental". The first day they must have grown like three more inches. A few days later now, they are about 6" above the soil. Crazy. I cant wait to have some homegrown edamame. I am currently waiting to hear back from Jim. He is renting out a nice house in Kaleheo which is about the same distance from work as the place I am living now. The rent wouldnt be much more than I am paying right now and the place is 100x better. So we will see.... Here are a few of the pics that I have taken the past week:
From Kauai Misc

No comments: