Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mike 1, Centipede 0

Two nights ago, I laid in bed and was about to go to sleep when I felt something on my leg. I jumped out of bed, looked at the sheets, and found the centipede! I punched it a few times and ended up beating it with my nalgene water bottle. I then took some toilet paper and flushed the bastard down the toilet. Ugh, it was disgusting/creepy and wouldnt die.

Yesterday, I bought some king size pillows, a fleece blanket, and a mattress pad. Now my bed is even better! Last night, I went and chilled at Poipu beach with Mason, a fellow employee at Seasport. We just hung out and drank a couple 1.5 litre Heinekens, sitting on a picnic table with a palm tree above our heads.

Today, I just relaxed in my room and then went to the beach and took a nap followed by a quick dip in the ocean.

2 comments:

marianneinbloom said...

sick! how big do they get?!

MattMan said...

Mike, I'm worried about you. Your head looks like a large tropical fruit (not that there's anything wrong with that) and you're stabbing flies with pencils. Come back to the lab. We're starting a new test cycle on Monday.